March 2, 2010

Explosion Box

Well, first off today I would like to brag about making the Top Five over at Magnolia Down Under Challenge. I was so excited to read my name that I yelled out Yippee and of course everyone else in the house thought I was nuts. When asked what I won, I told them I get to put a badge on my blog that says I won. They didn't get the excitement in that. Men.

For today I have made and explosion box for the Just Magnolia Challenge. The Challenge this week is Birthday. It took me awhile to get all the images colored and of course while I was coloring this weekend, the guys in my house had to tease me about not growing up yet because I still like to play with markers.

I have used papers from BasicGrey's Eskimo Kisses Line and cardstock from Bazzill. For the stamps I used Unwrapped Tilda, Chef Tilda, and Sweet Tilda along with some of the Butterflies all from Magnolia. I used all the same color markers for all the images and they are listed below. I also used a stamp for the inside bottom by Great Impression that is about missing your birthday. Oops. I have inked all edges and layered all images with my nesties. I used my Cricut to cutout Happy Birthday twice, once on the top and again inside.

I have layered some Prima Flowers on the top and side of the lid. I also used a little lace around the top edge of the lid. Since it was a late birthday, I had to fill it with chocolate kisses.

Here is a list of the Copic colors that I used. I am not going into detail as to where I used each color this time.
E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13, E21, E25, E27. E29, E31, E40, E41, E42, E43, E55, E47
R000, R00, R20, R21, R29
YG63, G20
C1, C3, C5, C7, W2, W3
Sharpie for highlights.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Kellie

26 comments:

  1. Oh dear me this is gorgeous- I bet if you gave it away, you would get another 400 followers!!! LOL Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie.....this is amazing!!!! Just so pretty. Also, congrats! All of your cards are just great so I can see why you made the top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel in love with the magnolia stamps a couple weeks ago, and I bought 8 of them, I would like to order some copic markers nothing major just the ones to color the skin, I own stampin up markers now and dont know if I want to go to far into investing more, I totally love your blog its one of the best I have seen yet, and there are some nice ones out there.
    Anyways you have totally inspired me thankyou so very much.
    Lynn in Lancaster Ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is AMAZING!!! All of the detail is gorgeous. Congrats on getting top 5 :) Hugs, Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congrats for making the top 5, way to go! I totally understand your excitement. This project is amazing a real wow to look at. Love all the sweet images you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Def a winner. Beautiful job as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! this is fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is gorgeous! Whoever is getting this isn't going to care at all if it's late for their Birthday! Congrats on the Top 5
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Kellie this is just gorgeous! I love all the detail and images in your box. Congrats on making it in the top 5 at Magnolia Down Under. We all get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! My niece would go nuts for something like that and yours is soooo pretty! Is there a tutorial for making the box somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh WOW what a gorgeous box. This is amazing. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous project. Love the colours you have used. It must have taken ages to get all those images coloured so beautifully. Congrats on making the Top Five. Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kellie,

    what a wonderful box. Wow!!! I like it very much!!! I love the paper, the item... oh, I think everything!!!

    Hugs,
    shortyrose

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the most gorgeous creations I have seen... just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely STUNNING! Love everything about it! Amazing details, Kellie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous. You produce some of the most beautiful things. I love looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on this little box. Wonderful and I'm sure very time consuming.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes if you can find a couple of paper pads of the scarletts letter I'd be happy to paypal you for them.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Kellie, way to go!

    That box is just amazing, you've put so much work into it. Brilliant project!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kellie, this is beautiful!!! I've never tried to make one of these...you did a fabulous job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kellie;

    This is just amazing. I love the pink, my favorite color and the depth and details of your project. You should seriously consider selling these! Beautiful work!

    Glitterbee hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!
    Your box is so very beautiful. Love your gorgeous paper and your images are so fabulous.
    Wonderful work!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is incredible!! I am in awe of your talents and this beuatiful work of art...sbs29 sister leaving love...Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! This is incredible! I wanna stamp like you when I grow up. This is so incredible congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! This box is awesome and your win is well earned.

    I recently won a couple of challenge and my family did not "get" the badge thing either. Oh well.

    Once again, this box is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I left an award for you on my blog. Please come over and check it out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete