December 4, 2009

Stamps R Us Challenge #1

I made this for the Stamps R Us Challenge. We were to follow the sketch over at Mercy's blog. Here is a copy of what it looks like.

I started with red cardstock by Bazzill and then layered it with paper from My Mind's Eye Be Marry Collection. I used the border punch by MS and put little gems in the center of each design. I inked the edges of everything and then drug out the sewing machine and sewed around each piece. I used the Houses stamp by Magnolia and colored using my Copics. I added Liquid Applique and some glitter to the roofs to make them look a little wintery. I stamped Merry Christmas with a clear stamp that has no identity. I added a red bow and stamped a sentiment inside from the same clear stamp set with no identity.

Here are my copic colors:


Thanks for stopping by

Kellie

13 comments:

  1. Great sketch, can't wait to play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great coloring. This is truly art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card- loving the liquid applique accents! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love this card!!! Look at the detail... stitching, border punch, gems, all the layers, not to mention the gorgeous roof tops!!! Fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kellie,what a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kellie...this is so cute! love these little houses, and the added liquid applique on the roofs! great papers and colorin combo, too!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a phenomenal job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, what amazing details. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card, rich with color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love all the details that went into it. Great colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one gorgeous card, love the colours and the image and well just everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about my previous post, my computer is acting up again. I wanted to say how lovely I think your card is. I really like all of the details on your card and the roof is just perfect. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete